Why enable caching?
Adding caching achieves a few things
- Your app will load faster when users are doing common things
- You are much less likely to hit rate limits (especially if you are authenticated). If you exceed a rate limit then relevant parts of your app will stop working.
How to enable caching
1. Visit your project dashboard
a) Login to API Hero b) Navigate to the project you wish to add authentication to
2. Enable caching
Turn the caching switch on.
3. Set the cache time (Time to live)
This is how long the API responses are saved and reused for the same inputs. It is also known as the Time to live.
In this example we set the cache to 1 hour:
4. Cached results in the Request History
In the Request History cached responses have a tick in the